Dragons, Demons, and Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost.

Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:21 am

Chapter 1: The Legend.

As the rain fell to the frosty terrain below, It crystallized into sharp points to form a protective barrier around the territory of the Draenie frost tribe. The air was light, Yet the Atmosphere was gloomy. Beyond the frozen barrier of ice shards lay the few huts belonging to the frost tribe. While few in number, This small territory housed some of the best frost mages known to the Alliance and horde. But did anyone really know about them? No. The Draenie tribe lived on an uncharted island unknown to the alliance or horde. At least for now. In one particular large hut to the far back of the territory lived The Chief and Chieftess and their son. In that particular hut, A miracle was happening. A miracle and a legend. Screams of pain could be heard from outside the hut, Then suddenly the cries of a new born were heard. Darko held his new born daughter close to his heart, never wanting to let go of her. He knew the moment he laid his hands on her that she was destined for greatness. "Your path to greatness is going to be a difficult one, little one. But as long as you have fire in your heart, there is nothing you can't achieve." Darko said as he cradled the new born. He then passed her to her mother, Hikari. The Chieftess held her daughter close just as the chief did, Tear's of joy filled her eyes as a small hand reached up and grabbed her face tentacles. Hikari was at a lost for words, So she took the small head in her hand and kissed it very gently. Just then, Darko's and Hikari's 4 year old son, Kaluko, walked in to see his new born sister. Kaluko felt a protective air surround him. On his life will anything ever happen to his little sister. Darko looked to his son, pride filled eyes as he looked upon him. "Any idea's for a name, my son?" Darko asked. As Kaluko thought about it, Lightning flashed behind him and the rain poured even more violently. A smile graced his lips as he turned around and faced his father. "Råìn... Råìning Frost." Kaluko said slowly. Darko only nodded while Hikari smiled at the name.

As the years passed, word of the Frost tribe quickly became the main talk around Azeroth. How they lived on an uncharted island, How the chief and chieftess had a new born daughter. But these words also fell on ill ears. An orc rogue hung around the shadows of Goldshire. Watching as many alliance member's dueled each other to test their power. The rogue was there for one purpose. To scout out how much power the alliance has gained. But he found so much more. A new territory to claim. But little did he know he found so much more. The orc quickly made his way back to Orgrimmar to tell the War chief, Garrosh Hellscream, What he found. The rogue kneel before his ruler, not daring to look the orange orc in the eyes. The assassin mumbled about what he found, And lord Garrosh stood from his mighty throne and approached the green orc. "Stand Rogue." Garrosh ordered, and the orc did. Garrosh put his hands on the assassin's shoulders. "Thank you for your service. Not only did you find a new territory for me to claim but you also found the legend that told of my demise... Now thanks to you, we can put a stop to it. Gather my men, we sail for that island at dawn." Garrosh said and the rogue nodded. "Yes lord Garrosh." The rogue said before running out of the throne room to do as he was told.

8 years had past since the birth of Råìn. The young Draenie was almost always training. Never ending. But one day, as the frost mage was training, A sudden thunder could be heard, then a storm was seen over the near by hill. But Råìn soon realized that it wasn't a storm. Darko Ran forward and grabbed his daughter and returned her to the Hut and opened a portal. "Hikari get them out of here, the tribe and I will handle this." Darko said in a hurry. He handed Kaluko his staff and pushed him toward the portal. He then knelled down by Råìn. "What ever happens. I will see you light up the sky someday." With That Darko Ran outside to join the fight, only to be quickly struck down. Hikari grabbed her daughter and jumped through the Portal before it faded... An arrow hot on their tail. As they came through, Hikari fell with The Arrow in her back. Kaluko ran to her said while Råìn picked up her mother's frost dagger that had fallen at her feet. Tear's in the young draenie's eyes. As she tightened her hold on the dagger, the freezing mist was quickly turned into Burning Fire. While Kaluko whaled at his family's death, Råìn turned to see where they were. Stormwind City. 'I'll come back someday... And I will kill who ever is responsible for this.' The new fire mage thought to herself, gripping her mother's dagger hard, the flames burning bright.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chaper 2: Goldshire

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 am

A decade goes by since the fall of the Frost Tribe. Råìn and Kaluko being all that remains of the greatest frost mages Azeroth has ever seen. But Kaluko is the only one continuing their legacy. Inside an inn inside Stormwind city, The brother and sister prepared to depart. Kaluko has grown into himself well. His build was lean yet muscular, His eyes glowed with the power of frost. He weapon of choice was the wooden staff covered in ice that his father had given him. When ever someone asked why he had that weapon equipped, he would respond with few words. "It was entrusted to me." Yes it was, but mentally when he carried that staff into battle, he carried his whole tribe. Kaluko was covered in heavy blue cloth with shoulder pads that held floating crystals just above it. Råìn on the other hand has grown into a beautiful young draenie. The horns on her head curved back behind her head then curved up into a nice point, which she kept nice and sharp. Råìn's eyes glowed orange with the power of fire... And anger and grief. Råìn wore light cloth armor colored with the colors of ash and fire. On her head she wore a ring of fire, which burned as brightly as her determination in battle. On her hip she had her mother's frost dagger. But every time she laid a hand on the hilt, the frost quickly turned to fire. Råìn helped her brother tighten the straps on his shoulders, remaining silent for most of the time. "Take me with you this time Kaluko." Råìn said, breaking the silence. Kaluko turned to face her slowly, shaking his head. "Råìn... We've been through this... Only when you have beaten one of each class in a duel can you join me. How many times have you won?" Kaluko asked slowly and Råìn sighed. "Zero" She replied. Kaluko nodded, "Keep trying. You'll get there. Maybe someday you'll finally see that Fire Mages have no place in Azeroth and You'll come back home to frost." He said, But Råìn shook her head. "I am a fire mage now and forever. I will prove that fire has a place in Azeroth. Just you wait brother." She said, the ring on her head lighting up the dark room with her determination. Kaluko only sighed and nodded and started to depart with his little sister. They soon parted ways, Kaluko took a portal to a land Råìn has never seen while Råìn headed to a small town just outside Stormwind City. Goldshire.

Goldshire was dueling central for the Alliance. Everyone came here to test their strength with their fellow members. Everywhere you look upon arrival, their was dueling. Druids vs hunters, Rogues vs warriors, Priest vs mages. Råìn arrived with her head high, challenging many people to a duel, but no one would accept because she was a fire mage. "Switch to frost and I'll duel you." One person requested, but when she refused, They would just scoff and leave her to herself. Until this time, A death knight, an anti-casters class, Saw that Råìn was a fire mage and seeked an easy win. "Excuse me miss, Would you like to duel?" He asked her, trying to appear to be a push over so she would accept. Råìn looked at the knight in black armor up and down, then agreed and they prepared to battle. Standing on opposite sides of the small town, the flag was thrown down and everyone started to count backwards from 3. "3....2....1!" Råìn vanished instantly and closed some ground between her and the death knight. The death knight himself put a boiling blood spell on the ground, trying to chase the mage out of hiding. To late. Råìn suddenly hit the death knight with a powerful fire spell to his back. The knight screamed in pain and quickly turned to face her. Using the spell grip, He quickly grabbed the mage, and placed her right in front of him. He then lifted his giant sword and brought it down, But Råìn teleported away and continued hitting the death knight repeatedly with fire spells. The more she landed, the brighter the ring of fire glowed. Soon her most powerful fire spell became instant. She chucked in two pyro blast quickly, and the death knight turned just in time to see two meteor like objects flying his way. "Ohhh s***" The death knight yelled before turning and trying to flee the blast, but he was caught and slammed against a tree. Healers rush to his side and bring him up to strength. Everyone stared at Råìn, amazed by her power. Without a word, The fire mage retreated into the Goldshire in to prepare for her journey..
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 3: The Begining

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:24 am

The crowd followed the fire mage into the inn, Amazement and fear planted in their eyes. Råìn payed not attention to the awestruck group as she packed for her journey. The fire in her eyes clearly stated how determined she was, And nothing anyone can say or do was going to stop her. She was going to find Kaluko and she will fight along his side. As she packed, a paladin covered in silver armor stepped forward. "Listen..." The Paladin started as he approached the fire mage. "I can see how badly you want to do this..... But your not ready! You had one victory. One impressive victory... But one victory none-the-less... If you do this your going to get yourself killed!" As he spoke, Råìn threw her bag over her shoulder and walked for the door. The Paladin jumped in front of her, "I can't let you do this..." The Paladin stated as he blocked her path... Suddenly a dragons head engulfed in fire appeared over Råìn's head. It looked around for a bit before spotting the paladin. Flames spewed form its mighty maul then vanished and the paladin was knocked on his back and Råìn simply stepped over him and exited the inn, And the inhabitants rushed to put out the flames quickly engulfing their beloved inn.

Flames now gone, Several different warriors sat at a round table. There was a female night elf priest, Clothed in a white dress with hints of blue, and she was armed with a priest staff. Then there was a worgen rogue, known for violence, The worgen was clothed in dark leather with long sharp daggers as his weapons. Then the death knight Råìn had defeated in battle. The finally a Human hunter. Clothed in green mail, this human huntress had a hell hound by her side with two crossbows on her back. "This mage is a menace! She must be put down as soon as possible!" The worgen yelled. "Rogue, The mage is only lost and confused. Did you see her eyes? They are filled with rage, regret, lust... She wants revenge on someone.. Rage is a powerful emotion... What she needs is guidance, Not destruction." The night elf priest said slowly. "The priest is right, but who would be so willing to risk their life to guide her? She's dangerous." The death knight asked. "I will." A mysterious voice pitched in. Everyone turned to face the sudden appearance, and to say everyone was shocked by who it was was an understatement. "Paladin... I don't think you know what your getting yourself into." The death knight said as he stood up. "No.. I know perfectly what I'm getting myself into." The Paladin replied. After going back and forth awhile, The team agreed. The Paladin picked up his sword and shield and made his way for the exit. "Paladin!" The Death Knight yelled and the knight in silver armor stopped and faced him. "Until the end my Brother... Go on until the end." The Two shook hands and the paladin mounted the horse clapped in gold armor and chased after the mage.

Uldume.. Azeroth's Egypt. Covered in harsh howling winds, golden sands, crypts and mindless undead. Råìn engaged in combat against an air elemental. These creatures come in many forms. The winds these elemental control could easy snuff out a fire mage. As she tried to fight off this one, two others suddenly formed and surrounded the already tired and beaten draenie. But it takes so much more then a few creatures to put out a fire. The elemental's lifted their arms and brought them forward quickly. Sudden winds rushed toward the mage. Suddenly encased in ice, the winds rushed past harmless. Råìn waited inside the ice... Then busted out! Ice froze all three elemental's and fire engulfed the draenie. A sudden explosion on the first elemental ended it, then a meteor like object flew to the second and down it went. Råìn then turned and faced the third, Only to be hit with harsh winds and slammed against a pillar. The elemental lifted the draenie up and slammed her once more against the pillar. "Deeeaaath greeeets yooooouuuuu." The elemental breathed, it's hand closed around her neck, its face moving closer to the draenie's as it spoke. "Maybe.... He does...... But not today!" Råìn yelled and was suddenly engulfed in fire. The elemental screamed in pain as it dropped her. The fire was focused into Råìn hands and the elemental was then hit wit sudden burst of extreme heat. With screams the elemental was defeated and Råìn fell to her knees, weak and injured. As her vision blurred, The sight of an undead walking toward her, daggers in its decaying hand. "You fought well... For a fire mage... I shall take great honor in taking your life." The Undead spoke slowly. It raised its daggers, ready for the finishing blow.

'Not today.'
Fire suddenly rushed over the undead. Disorientated, Råìn stood and teleported away, where she was able to use one of her spells to heal her many wounds. The Undead quickly gathered what was going on and rushed after her to end her before she can get her strength back. It was to late. The Undead lunged at her, his dagger aiming for her back. But the force of the blast he suddenly experienced as he got close to her knocked him back. A Pillar of fire sudden engulfed where the undead was standing, The undead began to burn steadily, The flesh that remained slowly weathered away. In one desperately move, The undead vanished into the shadows and appeared suddenly behind the draenie and drove both his daggers into her back. Letting out a scream of pained, Anger rushed through the mage and she slowly turned to the undead. "You shouldn't play with the fire, Undead.... Cause you just lit the fuse." Before the corpse had a chance to panic, He was hit with a huge blast and once the smoke cleared, there was nothing left. Råìn fell to her knees once more, the daggers still in her back. She tried to stay conscious, but to no avail. The Draenie fell. Hands clapped in silver armor suddenly picked up the injured mage and carried her to safety.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 4: The Paladin.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:25 am

Chapter 4: The Paladin.

The sun rose over an unknown beach somewhere on Azeroth. The waves were nearly dead silent as they crashed against the shore. A cave, heavily covered in dense under brush, Was where Råìn gently slept. Suddenly, her eyes flicker awake and she quickly sits up in fear, But clutching her side at the pain, she stops. Having memory of the fight with the rogue, to say she was confused was an understatement. She looked down at her wounds to see them completely bandaged up. She was also surprised to see that the only thing she had on was her undergarments... She looked around for her armor and her dagger, but only found a pink-ish night gown. She slowly stood up and quickly put it on before deciding to leave the dark cave to get an idea of where she was. What she saw made her catch her breath. The sunrise... The colors in the sky mixing with the oceans water. It was so beautiful. "Oh Good your awake!" She heard a sudden voice to her right. Her hands quickly erupt into flames as faced the intruder. But she slowly lowered them as she recognized who it was. Her memory flashes back to that day at the inn, Where she sprayed fire in his face.. The Paladin didn't even flinch as he walked up to her and stood beside her, gazing at the sight. "The sun.... She is beautiful is she not?" The Paladin asked and Råìn only nodded. "It's like she has moods you know... In the morning she's a gentle burning soul, Bathing the planet in her beauty. The in the afternoon she's burning with determination. As if she's competing with the Volcano's to see who is more destructive... Then, As the day comes to an end, she returns to her gentle beauty." The paladin said slowly, Taking in the sight just as much as Råìn. Looking at the paladin, a question raised in her mind. "Curious, You talk about the sun as if... Its alive?" She asked and a grin slowly crossed the Paladin's face. "That's because she is alive. Everything around us is alive. All the classes of Azeroth get their power from somewhere! The Druid's from the forces of Nature, The Warlocks from the Neather, Paladin's and priest from the Holy light, Rogues from the Shadows! Fire mages... From the very sun you are looking at right now.. And like the sun, Råìn, You need to focus on all of your emotions to truly unlock the power in your ability's. If you remember me saying, The sun is at peace more times then it is in raged." The Paladin replied and Råìn listened intently... One more question rises in her mind. "Who are you?" She asked... "My Name is Oliver. My enemy's know me as Titan, Wielder of the light. You have done well thus far without a mentor, Råìn.. Butnow, I will teach you everything I know, and I will help you be the best. I will raise you Like a Phoenix who was just Reborn from the ashes." He replied.. "Come with me" He said as he retreated into the cave.

Something Råìn did realize earlier, The cave was littered with Hundreds upon hundreds of candle's. Some were sitting along the walls, other's were on ledges, while other's sat on small rocks scattered across the ground. Oliver picked one up and set it down on the ground and looked to the Mage. "Lesson one: Presence of mind. Light the candle without melting it. If you fail, Grab another candle and try again.. To do this, you will need to heighten your gentle emotions. Such as happiness. I've got to go run a few errands, I'll be back late tonight." He said as he stood up. Råìn nodded farewell to him and got started on trying to light the candle. Her hand was engulfed in an intense fire and she tried to place it on the candle, Only to have it melt the seconded it even got close. Shaking it off, She tried again. And again. And again. But again and again, The candles melted. The day grew late and Frustration filled the mage, But she kept trying. When Oliver returned, A smile graced his face. The cave was completely scorched, showing the mage sooner or later lost her cool. But in the center of the cave, The only remaining candle was lit, and it seemed to have been lit just recently. And Råìn was asleep next to it. Oliver grabbed a blanket it, partially burned, And placed it on the Draenie and left her to slumber.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 5: Flametalon of Alysrazor

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:27 am

As the sun once again rises over the beach, Oliver and Råìn are locked in glorious combat against one another. As they fought, Oliver shouted out commands or tips to Råìn over the roaring flames being thrown his way. His shield was strong, Blocking the spells, But each time a ball of fire hit it, It took Oliver a few moments to regain his balance. As Råìn cast her spells, One could plainly see the fire burning in her heart. Her determination showed behind her eyes. One day, she was sure that the Orc's will Remember her name in fear. Seeing how Oliver was on the rocks, She put her hands together And suddenly, They began to shake. As she opened her hands, A fire ball was growing with suck force that if Råìn focused any harder on it, The muscle's in her arms controlling it would surely cave and give out. Oliver looked up, Shield ready, But what he saw made his jaw and shield drop. Råìn looked up to the paladin when the creation of her attack was completed. She raised the meteor-like object, and with a twirl, She threw it at him. Shaking the fear away, Oliver raised his shield and was cloaked in light. But the blast was like no other. His light cloak quickly gave out, His shield was tossed away and he was picked up off his feet and thrown a good distance away. Råìn watched for a few moments, Concern in her eyes when the Paladin didn't get up... 'Please don't tell me I just killed my own mentor!' She thought to herself. Just then, Oliver reached over his right side with his left arm and pushed himself off the ground. Råìn sighed in relief and rushed to help him up. "Are you okay!?" Råìn asked with a slight laugh and Oliver nodded. "I will be as soon as I get these burns taken care of." He replied as he slowly stood to his feet. Suddenly Their eyes locked and they stared at each other, Both not really sure what was going on. Why were they stunned like that? Were they just hit by a spell from a Horde member? They didn't really know, But they both liked it. Oliver suddenly felt himself release from the grip and he cleared his throat and looked away. "We've been here long enough. I repaired your armor and weapons. We'll leave when your ready." He said. Råìn nodded slowly and turned around headed back to the cave. All the while Oliver thought that over... Only one thought ran through his mind at that very moment. 'Here comes the rain again..' He didn't exactly know what that meant, but maybe somebody else did?
Just then, Råìn returned and Oliver looked to her, Once again struck with that same feeling from earlier as he laid his eyes on her. He quickly shook it off and nodded and began to walk. Råìn looked behind her at the cave, then turned back and started to follow the Paladin away.

They traveled for days. All the while Oliver continued the mage's training, Råìn got stronger with every passing minute. Until they came to a well known place. "Welcome to the firelands Råìn. Here lives many druids. But more times then one, Fire mages like yourself come here to master what they learned. Nobody really knows why and the fire mages don't say a thing... Maybe it's just because they feel at home here with the burning trees and lava fields." He said slowly. Råìn didn't even reply, she was too awestruck with the image in front of her. Everything he was said was true, she did feel at home here.. She couldn't explain it. "Go touch a fire." Oliver said and this time Råìn did react. She looked at him, the look on her face saying it all. Oliver only laughed, "No I'm not insane. And I'm serious, go touch the one burning flame that speaks to you." He said. Råìn looked back to the fires burning the forest area and only nodded. She walked into the woods, Oliver a good ways behind her. She looked at the fires, not really sure what she was looking for.. There were big flames and small flames, Strong flames and weak flames. But the one flame that Råìn felt connected to was the one in between the strongest and the smallest. It was a medium sized fire, But it burned with so much force it was scary. Oliver had to stop a good ways away because it was so fun. As Råìn approached it, She could hear whispers. Those whispers slowly got louder as she got closer until they were screams. There was never a moment that she could understand what they were saying. Covering her ears, Råìn reached out and touched the fire and the screaming stopped..

Råìn unplugged her ears and looked at the fire. Nothing had changed, except now it was super quite.. To quite. Råìn took her hand off the fire and looked to Oliver, confused. Suddenly the fire came to life and the screams returned even louder then before. The fire whipped and flashed and scorched and burned. Råìn tried her hardest to block out the voices until the fire settled and a voice echoed in her mind. "We are one soul." Råìn looked back to the fire, but what she saw shocked her. Instead of a burning fire, There stood a large, flightless bird... Made of fire! "Råìn say hello to your life mount... This is a flametalon of Alysrazor. When the Phoenix like monster was destroyed back in the time of the Cataclysm, She scatted these flightless birds all over Azeroth. This one is now yours." Oliver said as he approached on his armored horse, Ray. Råìn reached out and touched the fire creature, but when she did, her head became one with the flametalon. The moment the two joined, They both became a single burning flame. "Why not take her for a run?" Oliver asked and Råìn only smiled at the idea. The Flametalon turned and knelt down and Råìn quickly hopped on its back. The moment they touched, Råìn's arms and her lower half became nothing but fire. "Lets see what you got!" Råìn yelled, the Flametalon let out a screeching noise and they both took off, Oliver and Ray right behind them.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 6: Fire and Fury.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:30 am

The wind rushed passed the Draenie and her flame talon. As they sped threw trees and large rocks, the wind increased their overall heat, The hotter they got, the faster they went. Oliver and Ray had a hard a seriously hard time keeping up! All the while Råìn was having the time of her life! She never felt so free, So alive!

Soon, Råìn and her flame talon, Oliver and Ray, All come to a gentle stop. Råìn's breathing was fast paced, her eyes wide with excitement. She dismounted her so called 'life mount' and settled against a rock, trying to slow her heart rate back down. Oliver settled next to her, a smile on his face. "It's a nice feeling isn't it?" Oliver asked while staring at the two mounts. Råìn nodded, still breathing hard. She brushed a loose hanging hair behind her horns, trying to collect her thoughts. "What are you going to name her?" Oliver asked, looking at the mage this time. "How do you know it's a her?" Råìn asked, looking to him. "Well a.... You see.. Life Mount's are very complex. But one thing that makes sense is that they are always the same gender as their owner." Oliver said, Looking back to the Fiery bird. "Oh.... I think I'm going to call her... Igantia. Means fiery in Draenish." Råìn replied with a smile. "What is a life mount?" Råìn asked and Oliver shrugged. "A life mount is a mount that is destined to us ever since we are born. The Mounts are a symbol of our personalty, what we're destined to be, what we are... Find your life mount and you have found your mirror. From the moment we are born, Our life mount is also being born at the same time. The moment we are dying, Our life mount is dying with us. In rare cases, You can even read each other's minds, Like me and Ray." He said with a smile. Råìn was surprised to hear those words, but they made sense. Then she remember the time she found the Flame talon... 'We are one soul' The words rung in her head once more, But Igantia showed no signs of being the one who sent them... "Anyway, Lets continue your training." Oliver said as he stood up and led her up a hill.

When they reached the top, Oliver nodded. "Alright, This is your final Lesson. Incanters ward. This spell takes everything you have learned and more to learn. First, Light four small fires in a diamond shape around you and sit down, legs crossed." Oliver said and Råìn nodded and did just as she was told. "To complete this lesson, you need to find a balance in your emotions. You need the right kind of anger and determination... And the right amount of happiness and peace of mind." He said. Just then, Rustling could be heard coming from the woods not far from their location. He looked in the direction it came from, then back to the mage, who was already trying to focus her power. "I'll be back soon." He said, then walked into the woods, Leaving Råìn.
Råìn focused with all her might, but still she struggled to find an even balance in her emotions. She tried to think of something that made her happy and angry, But every her memory's came to the moments everyone tried to tare her down. Tried to tell her she couldn't be a good fire mage. Tried to get her to become a frost mage. But she was so determined to prove them wrong! Then she thought back to her time with Oliver. The good moments they spent together. The gentle way he looks at her... Each time she thought about him, her heart swelled with positive emotions.

Hours passed And Råìn felt herself getting close to the even balance. Everything in her mind went completely white. In the white terrine, A blue light was seen in the distance. Råìn ran after it, chasing it, But never getting closer. If anything it got further and further away. But the mage was determined, she kept chasing it and sooner or later she caught up with it. She reached her hand out to touch it, Getting closer... A fingers length now! Suddenly, Råìn was shaken out of her trance by Igantia, The fire bird seemed restless and concerned. "What is it girl?" Råìn asked, trying to calm the Flame Talon. Igantia looked back to Oliver's life mount, Ray, Who looked weak. Remember what Oliver said, Fear quickly filled her eyes. "Igantia we have to find Oliver! Now!" Råìn yelled as she hopped on the fire creature and ran into the woods where he was last seen heading.
Chapter 6 to be continued.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 6 Continued.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:31 am

They soon found the Pallidin, He laid on his back with two arrows in his left shoulder and two green glowing fang marks on his neck. "Oliver! By The Narru Speak to me!" Råìn said as she fell to her side. Oliver weakly reached up with his arm, Grabbed Råìn by the shoulder, Pulled her close and kissed her. Shocked by that, Råìn didn't know how to react, But she welcomed it. Oliver then stopped and weakly whispered in her ear: "It's.... A trap." As he said that, strange clicking noise could be heard coming from the tree branches above Råìn. Six green glowing eyes revealed their selves for a few moments, Before the creature they belonged to jumped out of the branches and attacked the mage. The spider's fangs tried to tare into the draenie, But the fire Råìn was able to create from Oliver's warning allowed her to keep it at a safe distance. Råìn unsheathed her mother's dagger and before the creature had time to react, fire flew from the dagger, striking the spider. It charged, But Råìn drove the dagger into the ground and a pillar of fire erupted where the spider was standing, scorching the beast while slamming it against tree branches above. The Spider fell back down, Dead. Råìn turned back to Oliver, determined to save him. Just then an arrow flew threw the brush, just barely missing the mage. Råìn stood as a green orc charged, Sending arrows repeatedly her way. One by one Råìn dodged them, Until one she wouldn't be able to dodge came her way. Throwing her arms in front of her, Råìn was engulfed in a blue light. As the arrow connected, the light shattered like glass and became red orbs and was Absorbed by Råìn, All the while the Arrow disappeared. Råìn glowed with a brilliant fiery glow, The Orcs jaw hung below him in shock. Råìn looked up, fire in her eyes. Before the orc could recover from the shock he was feeling, he as hit multiple times with fire spells. Råìn thrust her hand out, as if she was grabbing the orc, Then with a strong yank backward, he exploded. Not taking any more time then she needed, she returned to Oliver's side. "Stay with me Oliver! We're gonna get you help!" The Palliden only shook his head. "Råìn.... I just want you to know.... I... Love you...." Oliver said slowly, growing weaker. Tear's started to fall from the draenie's eyes as she held him in her arms. "I love you too... Please... Please don't leave me." Råìn begged, her voice shaky. "I will Burn for you Oliver.... With Fire and Fury." She added slowly. The Palliden smiled before his last breath escaped him. Råìn's head fell against his shoulder as she sobbed.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 7: Never letting go.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 am

As the Sun slowly sets over the horizon, Blanketing the land in darkness, The only light coming from a ball of fire sitting gently in Råìn's hand. She gazed into it for a long while, tears still falling from her eyes. In front of her laid the paladin, Arm's crossed over his torso, like a king would be at the time of his death. Råìn could hardly look at him without breaking down. But she soon summoned all her remaining strength and stood. With a gentle wave of her hand, the paladin slowly floated into the air. Stopping at a mid point, Råìn looked him over one last time, before she threw the ball of fire in to the air. It came hurtling back, but with skill and grace, the mage caught it with one hand an spun, spreading the fire around until it completely surrounded the two. Råìn seemed to move with force behind each step and with each thrust of an arm, Yet the fire growing stronger around them made her look ever so graceful. Every so often she stopped in the middle of the dancing flames and threw more fire in all directions! Soon she stopped and with a snap of her fingers, time came to a stop. The once rushing fire's swirling in a vortex came to a halt. Råìn once again walked toward the paladin and placed her head on his shoulder. Staying there for a long moment, Few words escaped the mage's mouth. "Don't let me go." With that, time returned to normal and the flames collapsed on the pair, burning all in the center.

On what was an attempt on her life, Råìn remained standing, smoke trails coming from all over and around her, Råìn looked on... Tear's fell from her eyes at a quickened pace knowing she failed to end it all. And in that moment, her anger, her grief, her thirst for revenge was renewed. For she knew there was only one humanoid to blame for all of her griefs. Garrosh Hellscream. The fire in her eyes returning with full force, Råìn stood taller, turned and mounted Igantia and with a screech, the two were off in a blaze of fire, Returning to Goldshire.

To say she was welcomed with open arms would not be true one bit. Everyone in the small town looked at her with disgust, other's with curiosity, other's with fear. The first one to speak to her was the death knight who she defeated.. Who was also a friend of the paladin's... "Where's Oliver?" He asked as he approached the mage slowly. "He's dead, Killed by an orc. Will you help me to avenge him?" Råìn replied while dismounting Igantia, looking at the death knight out of the corner of her eye. Just then the worgen rogue came out from the inn. "We will never join you! for all we know you were the one who killed the Paladin! You should be disposed of!" As the rogue screamed those words, he charged her, his daggers at the ready. But he was stopped in his tracks by frost laid there by Råìn. "You can join me, or leave me. But you can not kill me. That job is for the Warchief of the horde..." Råìn said gently, and before she knew it, many were joining her raid. With a nod, she and the other's headed for Stormwind city to get more help. From the king himself.

Chapter 8 coming next Sunday.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 8: The Prophecy

Post by Raining Fire Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:36 pm

As I walked through Stormwind city with my head high, I received many curious looks. Yea, they have seen me before, I walked these streets many times, But obviously I looked like I was about to kill somebody. Which I was. And it certainly didn't help that I was a fire mage. I was just begging for the attention I received by being one. The Hateful looks, the remorse, the threats. No encouragements, No "Good Luck" No nothing. The Guards we're unsure if they should let me threw to see the king. With a little bit of fire, they stepped aside. 'The King should really look into getting better guards.' I can't help thinking to myself as I rolled my eyes. A little farther and I found myself kneeling before the King of Stormwind City. "Your Majesty, I have a... Request." I said, My eyes low. The King stood and looked at me. Soon the group I recruited back in Goldshire came in and all knelled down. "Who are you?" The King asked me after looking the group over carefully. I stood then and looked up at him. "My name is Råìning Frost. I am the heir of Darko and Hikari Frost from the Draenie frost tribe that was slaughtered 18 years ago by Garrosh Hellscream and his orcs. Sir, with your permeation, me and my comrades wish to launch a raid attack on Garrosh Hellscream in Orgimmar. And we would like to know that your supporting us." I say slowly. King Varin Wrynn thought about this for a long moment and finally nodded. "Bring the all seeing Orb and the Prophecy please and a few priest." He said. There was a moment of Silence before the priest came in with a large orb and some rolled up papers. They dropped it into the orb and with their holy magic, they lifted it into the air and the orb began to show pictures, telling a story. It showed Alliance and horde armies working together to take down Garrosh, But something was amiss. "Should you launch a full on attack on Orgimmar, You and your ally's will get past the gates. You will get past everything the warchief has to throw at you, even the confusing things he's gathered in Pandaria, But." At that last word, the orb went dark, and came back up, Showing me and Garrosh, standing against each other, seemingly ready to fight. My Ally's charge in, but I throw my hand back and stop them. My Lips move, hinting I was saying something, but no words were heard. "Your stubbornness and your hatred for the orc will make you fight him one on one..." The King continued, and sure enough, the orc charged with a battle cry, and I charged with just as much force. I whip out a rive of fire from behind me and force it at the orc, Getting behind him while he was dazed, I chuck a few fire balls at the back of his head. He turned and swung his massive ax at me, But I dodged elegantly. For that moment, a smile crossed my face, for it seemed I was winning. When I stood and started to prepare another spell however, A massive hand grabbed me by the neck, bringing me face to face with my enemy. With a grin, The Orc slammed me against his knee multiple times. I fell to the ground, Trying to stand up, The Orc kicks me in my side and I roll across the room. I mange to push myself to my knees, and from behind me, the ax comes out of no where, heading toward my neck, and the orb goes dark to hide the seemingly bloody ending. I stand, stunned at my feet, not knowing what to think about what I just saw.. "Should this happen." The King Continued, "You will fail and die. All of you. Everyone you recruit, everyone on your side. They will all die, and You, Råìning Frost, Will be the first blood on that Orc's Ax." He said. I didn't respond, My heart seemed to stop in my chest. I couldn't wrap my mind around it! My Simple Answer would be not to take him on one on one, But Truth was, I wanted the killing blow. I nod to the King and I start to walk out, a little wobbly on my legs. I would of fallen if it wasn't for the death knight and the rogue there to catch me and help me out. I had to think, I had to come up with a plan. I had to make my own Prophecy!
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 9: Change of fate.

Post by Raining Fire Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 pm

As I lay in my own bed in Stormwind city, trying to recover from what I learned, Garrosh still lived. He tortures, murders, All because someone is to scared to stand against him! Not me. Not today. From the moment I was born, my path was lined out for me. I was to be the queen of frost. But that all changed. Because I was too hot headed, The day my people were slain by Garrosh and his orcs was the day I changed my fate. If I did it before, I can do it again. 'Fire and Fury.' With those words seared into my brain, I stand from my bed and rush down stairs, but I stop when I hear voices in my living room and I quickly hide to listen. The air of conversation was gloomy, yet fearful, I knew what ever they were talking about, it couldn't be good. "We can't let her go threw with this!" A familiar voice said. The Death knight! Same one from my first dueling victory.. "What can we do to stop her...? Death knight, The poor girl has been devastated by the orcs ever since she was a little girl. Going threw something like that so many times leads to only two options in ones mind. That could only be Revenge,,, Or suicide. If we don't let her, she might kill herself..." A female voice said, also a familiar voice. I knew it was the night elf priest. "But if we let her go with this, she will die." The Death knight replied and there was a moment of silence, before the priest spoke up again. "I fear only 'He' can stop her. 'He' is the only one that can talk some since into her, stop her, and keep her happy." She said and I wonder who she could be talking about.. There was no one alive today that could do that could stop me. No one ever could, and never will. Hearing enough, I stand and make my presence known. "I've got a plan. I need to know, do you stand behind me... Or in front of?" I ask the two, there was a moment of silence once more, clearly stunned I arrived when I did. They looked at each other once, and stood up. "Råìn, I will stand behind you no matter the stakes." The Death knight said, and I look to the priest. "I have to say neither Råìn, I'm sorry, something came up that needs my attention... But I wish you the best of luck." The priest said and I watch her leave, knowing something was wrong. I look to the Death knight and he nodded. "What's the plan?" He ask and a grin crosses my face. "Gather as big of an army as you can, while I go get our secret weapon." I respond and open a portal and jump threw.

Days later, an army awaited me in the Valley of Hero's in stormwind city. But as the day grew on, many feared I would never show. But, as the finally began to depart, a roar was heard across the lands and the city guards jumped to attention at the army of dragons heading for the city. The dragons land and I dismount from the one colored in blue. The Dragons from the Nexus and the Dragonblight in Northrend. "Today, we take Orgrimmar! No questions asked, no speech needed! Everyone mount up and lets go!" There was a cheer, and everyone rushed toward the dragons and Mounted them one by one. Before long, we were flying high above the clouds, heading to a fight that might very well be my last.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 10: Orgrimmar

Post by Raining Fire Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Flying was a completely new sensation Råìn. The wind rushing threw her hair and her horns, The droplets of water that stuck to her and her armor as they flew threw the clouds, The ground rushing past below them. It was all new, And she loved every second of it. But now wasn't the time to enjoy it. She was heading to Orgrimmar to kill the war chief, or be killed. She had to keep her head in the game. She had to burn brighter then she ever had tonight. She had to light up the sky. She looked down to her dagger and held it tightly in her hand. "This is for you Mother. Father.. Everyone. I fight tonight in your name. In the name of the frost tribe." She said softly in a kind of prayer to the heavens, hoping someone was listening. "And Oliver, Every orc I slay will be for you... With Fire and Fury." Soon Orgrimmar came into sight, And even from a distance, One could clearly see they were prepared. Garrosh Hellscream knew she was coming, And he must of spent everything he had in order to stop her. It was about to begin.

Landing the dragons in a small town just outside a small town were the Tuaren leader and The Troll leader were wait. For now, they were allies, But what would they be after this battle? She didn't know and she didn't wish to find out. "Who you be?" Vol'jin, the troll leader asked as she jumped down from the dragon. "My Name's Råìn and I'm here to kill Garrosh, nothing else. Is that understood?" The Tuaren and the troll look between each other for a moment, As if talking psychically before Vol'jin looked to her and nodded. "First things first, We got to get inside da city. And to do that we got to get past dat dragon and da juggernaut ." Vol'jin replied as he turned and looked at the city. Sure enough there was a massive dragon flying around the city, and I machine built to look like a scorpion, But had entire weapon system built all threw out its massive body, mostly in the claws and tail. Råìn walked up beside the troll, looking over the situation. "You leave the dragon to me, Take my people combine them with your army and take out that machine." With that said, Rain turned around and headed back to the dragons. "Råìn!" Vol'jin called before she could leave, making her stop and turn. "Good luck." He said, above all things, Råìn wasn't expecting that. "You too Vol'jin." She said before taking off into the air to fight another fire breathing beast.

As they neared, a roar could be heard in the distance and the creature started flying right toward her. Soon, the fight began. The two dragons crashed into each other, biting at each others necks and wings to take them out. Råìn stood where she could, focusing her fire power at the wings, But she was thrown and ended up above the two creatures. Acting quickly, She unsheathed her dagger, tied a rope at the hilt, and threw it. The Dagger lodged its self in the enemy dragon. Grabbing the rope, She swung her self on top of the enemy dragon, a ball of fire forming in her hands, she slammed all that force into the dagger, pushing it deeper with the force of the sun. Soon the beast fell limp and started to fall, Taking Råìn with it. Thankfully the dragon she had was there to catch her. Landing outside the gate of Orgrimmar, Råìn started the charge. They were taking Orgrimmar.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 11: Inspire.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:20 am

As the siege went on, They continuously came across stronger foes. Noted ones were General Nazgrim, Garrosh's right hand orc, Though they came out victorious in the end, This battle was not without its casualties. Coming to a stop outside Garrosh's throne room, They rested. Looking over them all, I could clearly see the discouraged looks on their faces. Why wouldn't they? They lost loved one, comrades, friends in this attempt for revenge. It was my fault they were here, it was my fault That they are risking their lives for me. It was my fault for their grief.. And now, we are about to begin the final battle, And their heads weren't in it. It was time to reignite the flames in their hearts. With a sigh I step up on to a large rock and everyone's attention turns toward me. Looking over them all, I fight a fire ball in my hands and I look at it. A smile crossing my face as the burning fire returns to me my determination to win. "This is the final fight everyone. We have lost much to get this far, But we have so much to gain when we win. Your on the edge of giving up. So am I. But if we bring back the fire in our hearts, If we shout out our battle cry, There's is nothing we can do together. We're not going to die tonight, we're going to make history! For once in our lives, our stories will go from dust to gold and we will be remembered! Let's go in there and Let's show Garrosh just how brightly we burn.... With Fire and Fury!" At those final words, My mind drifted to Oliver's smiling face. I knew then he was proud of me, and he was giving me the power of the light from beyond the grave. There was a cheer And I led the charge into the orc's throne room. But suddenly, when I entered, a door fell from the roof, blocking off the path for my comrades to help me in this fight. I was alone.. Just like the prophecy. Fear suddenly filled my heart as I turned to face the large orc, Grinning at me. "Blast it down!" I hear a faint voice from the other side yell. I had no choice, I had to do this alone. "Well well well." Garrosh said as he stepped down from his throne. "Isn't it the queen of frost, here to slay me. But wait, You are no frost mage." The orc said, hoisting his ax over his shoulder as he stared me down. "No... I'm better..." I reply and Garrosh just burst out laughing. He laughed for so hard and so long I hoped he would suffocate himself and die. Sadly that didn't happen. "Let me tell you a story Råìn. One day I heard a prophecy that a frost mage Born in the frost tribe will be my demise, More specifically, The queen of frost." I couldn't believe what I was hearing, If I had stayed frost, embraced my heritage, I could of beaten the orc! I refuse to believe that. Everything happens for a reason, And in the end, there will only be one victor. Suddenly he let out a thundering yell and charged. The fight has begun.

I ducked under his ax as he swung high and surprised him with a shot of fire to his face. He spun in an attempt to grab me and I teleported behind him, Unsheathed my mothers dagger and dug it in his back and pulled it downward, creating a rather large cut, the fires searing his flesh. I use the dagger as a foot stool, launching my self high above the orc. I spun and launched a pyro blast from directly above him and landing in front of him in a crouching position. He brushed the embers from his face and threw his ax my way. I stand, suddenly engulfed in a blue light. When the ax hit, it passed threw harmlessly, making the blue light shatter like glass, turn into red orbs and fill me with energy. He charged again suddenly and smacked me across the face with a massive punch, Sending me tumbling across the floor. I stand quickly and I channel my energy into my hands, Launching wave after wave of fire at him. I notice with each blast he was knocked of balance and the encouraged me to keep the pressure on! I launch two meteor like objects his way and the force was just incredible. Fire engulfed his body, The burning of his flesh filled the room with an awful smell that I loved. With a thrust of my hands the burns increased dramatically, making the orc scream in pain. But that wasn't about to stop him. He swung his hand down and suddenly, from the side of the room an iron star encased in flame came rolling toward me. I avoid it just barely, but it allowed Garrosh to retrieve his ax and start swinging at me. Each swing slightly catches my arm, Causing bloodied scratches. He then grabbed me by the neck and slammed me on his knee and then kicked me across the floor. I push myself up and look to see the orc lifting his ax to finish the job. But I wasn't finished. I shove a ball of fire in his sensitive area, hearing the orc scream in that kind of pain reignited my confidence. I slide between his legs tore my dagger from his back and shoved it in his leg, Bringing the orc to his knees.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Chapter 11: Inspire. Continued.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:21 am

Suddenly the door blocking the entrance to my ally's exploded and I engulfed the whole room in fire to keep them from seeing what was about to come next.

"Garrosh Hellscream, For your crimes to the Alliance and the Horde, I hereby sentence you... To death." I raised my hand, forming a fire ball, intending to finish this here and now. Suddenly a hand engulfed in golden light grabbed my wrist, interrupting my spell. "That's not what your parents would of wanted, Råìn." A familiar voice said. I turn to look and as the light faded, tears form in my eyes as I recognize the face. "....Oliver?" The Palliden smiled and pulled me closer, Embracing me in a tender hug and kiss. Time seemed to just stop, the fires I put up around the room slowly faded, Letting my allies in. I slowly pull away and I look at him, tear's in my eyes. "...But.. I saw you die... I held you in my arms... I burned your body... How is this possible?" I ask as he brushed the tears from my face. "It took awile, but several druids and Priest we're able to revive me.. One of those priest was your night elf friend, Amara." He said and I looked to the night elf and I nod my thanks, and she nodded in return. Another figure enter's the room and I notice him to be Thrall, The real Orc war chief. Oliver gently took me away from Garrosh so Thrall could deal with him. After a Pandaren took him away to some sort of prison, I turn my attention back to Oliver. I still couldn't believe he was back. Silence filled the room as we stared at each other, yet at the same time the room roared with excitement at the orcs defeat. After the Horde appointed a new war chief, and an offering of peace between the Horde and the Alliance was made, The same Pandaren that took the orc away reappeared, obviously distressed. "It's Garrosh... He's escaped!" At those words, I look back to Oliver, and he looks to me and nods. I smile and march to the exit, I'm ready now to put an end to that orc once and for all.

The end.... Or is it?
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Coming soon by Raining Fire.

Post by Raining Fire Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 am

We Clashed with such force that the tree's rippled, as if a massive gust of wind had blown threw the area. The Black bear let out a roar as it hit me in my feline side. I landed on my feet and pounced, my claws digging deep into the bears side as I go for a throat bite. The Black bear once again knocks me off, and smoke engulfs us both as we quickly change our shapes. The bear changing into a worgen, tall and proud. Me, a black feline, turning back into my Night elf self. "You will never stop Deathwing!" The Worgen yelled, Fangs bared as he sharpened his claws on a tree trunk. I grin, "Just watch me." We charge each other once more, shifting back into our preferred combat forms, The forest animals fleeing the destruction.

Story of Talenthea: Tooth and Claw.
Raining Fire
Raining Fire
Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost. Empty Re: The Story of Råìn. Fire and Frost.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down