Dragons, Demons, and Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glory to the corps

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Glory to the corps - Page 3 Empty Re: Glory to the corps

Post by Last Chaos Lord Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 pm

"Finally some action."
"We're on our way."
"Sir, I'll try to extract Vill." Alister was the last to respond as assault team moved in on your order. There were bandits crawling all over the complex. Some were quite heavily armed but seemed to lack the skill to use the firepower, while others were armed only with random melee weapons. Next to you Sheila appeared to be having trouble making shots, the trees getting in the way of most of her shots, though she was still downing many of the bandits, causing confusion among the bandits. Gin only appeared to be taking shots at any bandits that went out of sight behind H-6, obviously covering Vill, though you couldn't work out how she was making any of the shots. Rayne had also entered the fray, taking out a few bandits before getting noticed. A bandit attempted to run her through with a large machete, but she simply bent backwards dodging the reckless rush, following through by flipping herself into a handstand, catching the bandit between her legs and bringing herself upright ontop of him. She fired several shots at bandits attempting to dislodge her, finally snapping the neck of the bandit between her thighs and flipping back down to the ground. Several more were dispatched via headshot from another direction.
"The cavalry has arrived." It was Logan over the comlink. He'd taken up position abit further out, taking full advantage of his scope. Hamel was already moving in to support Rayne, firing shots of his pistol with deadly precision. Several bandits attempted to close in on him, but none could touch him as he expertly parried and riposted their attacks, striking both with sword and pistol. Alister was making a beeline for H-6 only firing at any bandits that attacked him directly. He was quickly out of sight behind H-6.
"Sir, I've got Vill -
'Ah fuck, watch the arm, fucking ah'- She looks in pretty bad shape, I'm gonna attempt to get her to Grace, hopefully she can help her out, being our medic." You soon saw Alister emerging from behind H-6, Vill in hand, her arm looked like a wreck, she had her pistol in her free hand, firing at anyone who got close. Suddenly H-3 exploded, splinters flying everywhere. Emerging from the ruins was a fully decked out Scout-Mech, the pilot obviously wasn't skilled as he fired the machines guns taking out many of his own, completely missing Rayne as she dodged out of the way. Even without a skilled pilot it was still a threat, especially if it turned it's sights on Vill and Alister.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Location : if you have to ask then you're really not looking hard enough

https://ddls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 am

Krysis looked up from his scope at the mech and then back through his scope as he shouted, "Keep the regulars pinned down! I'll draw the mech's fire!" before standing up with his rifle in tow. He ran far enough to make sure no errant shots would hit his comrades and then brought the scope to his eye. He didn't need to keep too steady with such a big target and aimed for its back at anything looking remotely vulnerable before starting to fire as quickly as he could line his sights, trying to piss off the pilot while getting ready to run again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Your rifle adjusted itself as you took off from the vantage point, shortening itself to make it easier to run with and changing from a scope to holographic sights. You draw the attention of a few bandits as you move into position, forcing you to down them with a few quick shots. When you were finally in position, your rifle adjusting itself again, you sighted through the scope but found that the usual vulnerabilities that a Scout-Mech would normally have had been compensated for in it's design, someone was obviously smarter than any of these bandits. You took aim anyway, slowly squeezing the trigger and, shit. The shots you'd fired had depleted the rest of the core and it was still recharging. And now the mech had turned it's attention to you, double shit. You saw the machines guns zeroing in on your position ready to turn you to red mist. Suddenly, you blink, and the there was a blade sticking out the front of the cockpit, covered in blood. The blade was quickly withdrawn, Tyr jumping over the top of the mech and driving his blade through the front just to make sure the pilot was dead. The mech quickly went down, sensing it's lack of pilot and powering down. You decided to regroup infront of H-7 as your team mopped up the rest of the bandits. Vill was leant up against the remains of H-3. Grace, having disobeyed yours orders of hanging back, was next to Vill, attempting to fix her arm, or atleast prevent any permanent damage. Vill was out cold while Grace worked.
"Well, after all this mess, now what?" Gin spoke to you directly, an emotion you couldn't quite decipher on her face. H-7 was on full lockdown, the metal too thick to puncture with regular rounds. You could try with your rifle on full blast once it recharges, but there was no telling what damage that could do to the inside considering you could not see within.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:53 am

Krysis stood taking long, measured breaths as the combat high flowed through his veins before finally suggesting, "Anyone proficient with that mech? Maybe we could use it to remove the door while everyone takes aim for whatever's waiting on the other side. Other than that we either make use of any remaining explosives or just use raw firepower and risk damaging what's inside. Unless someone's got a cutting torch, or knows where we can get one." Without waiting for an answer he walked over to where Grace and Vill were, putting a hand on Graces shoulder for a brief moment to let her know he was talking to her and then asked, "How's she holding up Grace? And for that matter, how about you, are you alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:14 pm

"She'll live, for the most part. Her arm took a lot of damage from the prowler's attack, external and internal. There's not a lot I can do here besides keep her stable and prevent any further damage. Good news is she will most likely still have her arm by the end of this, but she'll be out of commission for awhile." She sighed gently and turned to you.
"I appreciate your concern, but I've seen worse , this is actually pretty tame from what I've seen in.. *sigh* I'm fine that's all you need to know." she gave you a weak smile before turning back to Vill.
"Sir, I've had a look at the mech but it looks like it's unusable at this point, I might suggest getting it back to base for Malik to get a look at. As far as the cutting torch is concerned, I doubt anything we can pull together will penetrate the thickness of the door given we'd most likely want to have this finished today." Alister spoke to you with the respect in his voice you noticed he always had with superior officers.
"It looks like we can use the traps that deactivated to try and blow the door off. It might be tricky but I can give it a try. I just need to work out the placement, putting them in the wrong place will just waste the explosive force." It was Jin who spoke this time, he was holding one of the traps from earlier, "what's your descision?"
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:01 am

Krysis nodded and said, "Alright Alister, the explosives are your show, Jin, assist him as needed please. I'd rather do what we can to get in there and fail, rather than do nothing and leave." He looked around and said, "Alright, everyone else, form a perimeter around Vill, with Tyr, Sheila and Logan on a short-range patrol. Take it slow, with Logan taking point, watching for anything close and Sheila, you use your rifle scope to check ahead now and then. Tyr will shadow the two of you, just in case and if anything happens, you don't play hero, just get your asses back here and alert us so we can take up defensive positions." He took a moment and then added, "If anyone needs to speak up do it now or we set up our perimeter immediately."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:30 pm

"Yes sir." Alister quickly joined up with Jin to fetch the explosives and get to work setting them up against the door. Tyr, Sheila and Logan immediately followed your orders, they were out of sight before you had regrouped with Gin. The rest had made up a small perimeter around H-3 keeping an eye on the jungle outside the village. Gin was standing in front of the door to H-7 inspecting it for weaknesses. As you approached she moved away from the door, leading you a little to the side of the hut.
"Seems like the site is secured aside from H-7. We can call for extraction whenever we want. They'll pick up anything we can't carry, though I can't say that'll available all the time. I think sometimes we should pick up anything interesting that we can carry see if it'll be helpful for the HQ."
It wasn't long before Jin and Alister had finished setting up the explosives. Tyr, Sheila and Logan were still on patrol.
"The explosives are set, primed and ready to go on your orders, how do you want to approach it, we don't know what cold be on the other side."
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:48 am

Krysis nodded and said, "Alright, Jin, contact Tyr, Sheila and Logan, tell them to pull back from patrol and get ready for us to open this thing. I want everyone ready in case there's something dangerous still inside here. Grace and Hamel can stay with Vill and when everyone else is ready we blow this thing open and find out what's on the other side."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Your team quickly assembled outside the door to H-7, Grace and Hamel staying by Vill.
"Fire in the hole!" Alister yelled as he set off the explosives. Most of the wooden hut was blown to pieces, exposing the Metal bunker underneath. The door made a heavy groaning sound before slowly falling over with a crash.
"Don't move or the girl gets it." Before you stood a large individual clad in regimental battle-plate with a few more than illegal modifications. You recognized him as Dishonourably Discharged Regimental Captain Knox Barater, He'd been kicked out of the military for unsavoury tactics and other untalked about dealings he'd been part of. He was holding a Revolver in one hand, in the other he held a deadman's trigger, no doubt rigged to blow the whole place sky high. In his arm he held, you couldn't believe your eyes, it was the girl who'd saved you from bleeding out when your last team was ambushed, Her eyes were wide, they widened even more as she recognized you. Knox had his revolver pointed at her head, she was now his hostage. Your team were frozen in place, but you could feel their eyes on you awaiting orders of some kind.

(you are now in a situation where you must use [hand signals] to coordinate your team. currently Jin and Alister are infront of you, Gin is the closest a short distance to your right. Rayne is just behind her. you can only guess that Tyr, Logan and Sheila are behind you since they are outside of your range of veiw. the decisions are up to you.)
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:07 am

Krysis stood at attention and put his hands behind his back. He used one hand to remove a sidearm from behind him, the other signaling (hopefully) to keep an eye out for an opportunity to take him down. He held the gun out non-threateningly as he stooped to put it on the floor and asked, "What do you want?" keeping the position of Knox's gun and deadman's trigger in his peripheral vision looking for a moment to act but focusing the center of his vision on his eyes to keep from telegraphing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Knox looked you up and down with disgust.
"You come here. You kill my crew. You break my door. THEN you have the nerve to ask me questions. Fuck all of you. You can all go to hell." Having failed to communicate any significant orders, you team don't make any movements, but it's too late as Knox appears pissed off by you casualness and releases the trigger to the deadman's trigger. In the next few moments everything moved in slow motion. You heard explosions begin to go off from the surrounding huts as the explosives triggered. The girl managed to wriggle out from Knox's grasp, quickly ran in your direction and dove at you, knocking you over as the explosion from the main hut went off, completely obliterating Knox in the process. The explosion seemed to pass over your head, it's intense heat causing you to sweat just alittle. The girl finally got off you as time seemed to return to it's regular pace. You quickly got up and surveyed your surroundings. The aftermath was not pretty. Every hut had been destroyed completely, almost nothing remained. There were large scorch marks surrounding you and you squad, there was an untouched circle which seemed odd but would explain how none of your team was harmed. Over by the remains of H-3 you saw Hamel covering Vil's body, infront of them was Grace, she was standing in a T-pose, her eyes closed. There was a small circle around them that was untouched by the explosions. Suddenly Grace collapsed to her knees. You attempted to move to her aid but Hamel was already there to help her.
"Well that fucked up royaly." You heard Logan say as he slowly got up.
"That's for sure, I'd be surprised if HQ can salvage anything from this mess. Even the mech looks wrecked." Alister added. Gin approached you a look of disappointment on her face.
"There's not alot left we can do here. We can call for extraction whenever you're ready."
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 am

Krysis kept no emotion on his face as best he could, looking around at the devastation a moment longer before saying, "Alright, call for extraction and let's make sure everyone's checked for anything useful before we get out of here." A part of him wanted to express his feelings openly to his team, but he knew a battlefield was no place for it. If he was going to say anything, it would have to be later. He looked at the girl who'd knocked him down as he said, "How'd you like to get out of here and come with us? I'd like to talk with you if that's alright, but I won't force you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 am

As Gin walked off to call for extraction, the girl looked up at you, a nervous look on her face.
"Uh m-my name is Shae." She quickly looked down again.
"Um, ok I-Ill come."
Gin approached you again.
"Extraction has been called for sir. I think we all just want to get the hell out of here."

-----Mission Complete-----

---[MISSION REPORT]---

Mission Result: SUCCESS
Retrieval Results: Very little in terms of items could retrieved intact. However the Scout-grade Mech, however extremely damaged, was recovered and will be sent to Tech-Master Marik to see if anything can be salvaged. Nothing more significant could be retrieved. However a young female, named Shae, has been retrieved from hostage situation and has been moved to interrogation room B for questioning.
Casualties: Vill Jalentine (Incapacitated)

[Individual Report]
Gin Fersin: Believes Krysis to be very incompetent as a leader, but still a reasonable soldier.

Jin Fersin: Believes Krysis is incompetent to a degree.

Logan Jenkens: Isn't too sure of the leadership skills of Krysis.

Sheila Grace: N/A appeared too shaken up to give report

Vill Jalentine: [Incapacitated in action] unable to give report

Alister Hogan: Believes Kyrsis needs some improvement in thinking on his feet.

Tyr: N/A did not give report

Rayne Surian: Believes the situation went belly up but it could've been worse.

Grace Lindel: Believes Krysis is capable and responsible leader, but unfortunate events caused some issues.

Hamel von Georgia: Is confident in Krysis' ability to lead, though could use more experience.

---[MISSION REPORT END]---
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:52 am

You read the report for your first mission while in your personal quarters.

(You now have the ability to allocate how you want to spend your time before the next major mission. you may interact with your squad members to gain a better understanding of them and improve their perspective of you. choose wisely as what you do will affect the results your results.)

[KALGO HQ]

[locations]

--Personal Quarters--
activities
-maintain gear: repair any damaged gear. has a chance to improve the performance of your gear.
-rest: get some sleep and kill some time. helps reduce fatigue.
-read mission report: reread over your previous mission reports.

--Barracks--
activities
-cafetaria: check out the cafetaria, eat and relax. reduces minor fatigue. has a small chance to meet new people, or get minor information.
Squad Members
-Grace Lindel: has taken up residence in quarter 12
-Logan Jenkens: currently chilling in the cafetaria

--Recreation Section--
activities
-gym: work out for abit. improves physical stats.
-skills course: try out the skills course. chance to improve physical stats, small chance of injury.
Squad Members
-Rayne Surian: currently running the skills course
-Alister Hogan: has taken to the weights room in the gym

--Training Section--
activities
-shooting range: shot some targets. increase your gun use.
-simulator: allows you or your team to run simulations to improve various stats.
Squad Members
-Gin Fersin: is running simulations with Jin
-Jin Fersin: is running simulations with Gin

--Medical Section--
activities
-medical bay: check up on injured or incapacitated squad members. small chance to find potential members.
-general wards: get a check-up to see if you have any minor injuries or illnesses.
-morgue: review dead squad mates.
Squad Members
-Vill Jalentine: currently in med bay, ward 1, chamber 3
-Tyr: currently in med bay ward 1 checking up on Vill

--Command Section--
activities
-commander offices: confront commanding officers.
-commissary offices: consult commissars for advice.
-mission board: check for any general missions. missions take time but have the potential to find useful information or items.
Squad Members
-Hamel von Georgia: is currently in his office in the commissary

--Tech Labs--
activities
-armory: check out any new gear and swap out any gear you currently have.
-tech bay: Tech-Master Marik's general residence. can get full repairs or upgrades to gear, plus can check for any prototype gear Marik has thought up.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 am

Krysis thought about what he would do next and opted to go check on Vill in the med-bay before heading to the cafeteria and then to the tech bay to see Tech-Master Marik. Time permitting he'd check on a couple more things but those were going to take first priority. First up, he headed to the med-bay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 pm

You make your way to the med bay, remembering Vill was placed in ward 1. As soon as you enter ward one you notice that most of the chambers are empty, you then spot Tyr over by chamber 3. He looks over to you, nodding in acknowledgement before looking back down at the chamber. You stand in the doorway considering your next move.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am

Krysis walked over and gave Tyr a quiet, "Glad you're here, thanks for checking in on her." before nodding and turning to look at Vill, not completely sure what he wanted to say but knowing that he had to be there, to accept responsibility for what had happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum