Dragons, Demons, and Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glory to the corps

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Glory to the corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Glory to the corps

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 am

Krysis thought for a moment and then said bluntly, "As long as it shoots where I'm pointing and my team doesn't have any questions then I'm good to go. Thanks for the upgrades." his voice stern but sincere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 am

"What about Lady?" You heard Sheila say, shocked by the clarity of which she spoke. One of Mariks arms began to scratch his head.
"Lady? Oh right, your rifle. I was able to make some of my stealth bullets that fit the shape of your specialized bullets. Also," he tossed a silencer her direction, it fell at her feet where she picked it up, "A silencer for you rifle, now don't go losing."
"I'll meet back up with you later, I just need to make some adjustments." Sheila took off with her rifle and silencer in her hands.
"Well now that's done, I suggest you gear up and move out, I understand your mission is quite urgent and I've already taken up much of your time."
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Location : if you have to ask then you're really not looking hard enough

https://ddls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:06 am

Krysis was trying not to let the thirst for revenge jeopardize his need to do the job and keep his team alive... this time. He kept his appearance as stone-faced as he could while making sure he was fully equipped and ready to go. One last thing to do before heading out though, he took off toward the practice range. No way he was going out into the field without at least giving his new rifle a test run. Once everything had been tested out, and he noted the strange weapon was an exceptional killing machine, even under such a small amount of use, he made sure everyone was on their way and headed for departure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:53 am

As you make your way to the departure zone you meet up with your team who are already waiting. There is a mobile transport at the main entrance waiting for. The man at the wheel pokes his head out the side, yelling over to you.
"Hop aboard, we're gonna take you as close as possible to the bandit camp as we feel is safe. it's up to you from there." You all quickly jump in as the driver takes off, cross-country. The trip might take abit, you contemplate making conversation with one of your team to pass the time, and help take your mind off the uncomfortable seats.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:22 am

Krysis shifted slightly before Grace caught his attention and he finally let out the question on his mind, "Grace? I'm curious. The inquisition is widely known for being pretty hardcore when it comes to tactics and getting the job done. Obviously there's a role for healers, or medics in any combat situation, that I understand, but you certainly don't... well, don't take this the wrong way but, you don't seem like the inquisition 'type', if that makes any sense. What brought you into their ranks, and what compelled you to volunteer your name for selection on this mission?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:17 am

Grace had been sitting with her eyes closed, her hands lightly resting on her knees. She did not open her eyes as she spoke.
"I'm not sure what you mean by 'inquisition type', I wasn't aware there was a type for that matter. For my reasoning to joining it is.. personal to say the least. Just say it's my concern for human lives encouraged me to seek what would help them best, the Inquisition seemed to have what I was seeking. It is the same concern that caused me to sign up for your mission, considering I might be able to help should anything go wrong." She finally open her eyes, looking directly at you, you felt like she was staring directly into your soul, unnerving you slightly.
"What about you. Why did you join the force?" She asked casually.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:35 am

Krysis gave a curt nod and explained, "Well, I figured out early on that I was pretty good at hurting people and aiming long distance weapons, leaving me primed for either a life of crime or one in the military.  When I ended up wasting half my crew because on a robbery they wanted to kill the witnesses and I didn't, I decided that maybe I wasn't cut out for a life of crime and signed up for service.  Thankfully their rules are a little flexible when it comes to a god-awful history like mine and even though technically I can't leave the military since I'm serving out what would have been my sentence here instead of in a cell somewhere, I've found a place for myself here... although I felt a little more at home before everyone on my team got slaughtered."  Giving a heavier sigh than he'd meant to he sat back in his seat and added, "As far as you being someone of an 'inquisition type', I just meant that they're usually blunt, harsh even, no-nonsense types. Not that you come off as immature or playful, but you have a... softness to your tone that I wouldn't have expected from someone in the inquisition."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Grace let out a sigh much as your own.
"So that's how we're viewed. It's a shame really. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since most people seem to encounter Inquisitors and the like. Most in the sisterhood are much like me, though I am perhaps a bit older and wiser than they are. Actually, by your description, I believe Inquisitor Hopeborne would come under this 'type' that you mentioned. I believe she also requested a place on you team. It's a shame really, she works far too hard." You feel the vehicle come to an abrupt stop as you here the driver yell back.
"Hey Commander, You might wanna have a look at this, I think this is where we'll stop." You quickly jump out the back of the transport and walk round the front of the vehicle. You follow the driver stare, bringing you to the ghastly sight of two trees each with a person strapped to it. They were obviously dead, and had been tortured badly judging by their wounds. across their chests were the words 'PIS OFF' and 'BANDIT TERF' scratched into their flesh.
"This must obviously be the entrance to the camp." You heard Vill say as she approached from behind you.
"So nice of them to give us a warning." Came Logans voice.
"Well are we gonna do something about this, sir?" Alister said as he came up beside you.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:21 am

Krysis thought for a moment and then said, "Alright, looks like we're on foot from here.  First though, Jin, I want you scouting ahead so I'll give you a bit of a head start.  Tyr, I want you to shadow him.  I know you don't talk so you're both essentially on your own, but if anything happens to one of you, I want the other one of you back and reporting before we can be overwhelmed.  Gin, I know you don't like working without your brother, and even though you're still in this team I'll allow you to go with him for support but it's ultimately Jin's call."  He was quiet for a moment and then said, "If anyone cares enough we can get these bodies out of the trees while they scout ahead but as soon as we have an all clear or alarms get raised we drop them, no matter what.  Anyone not doing that needs to keep watch on our surroundings and make sure we don't get ambushed.  Sheila, Jenkens, you're our marksmen so I'm specifically putting you two on watch no matter what." finally pausing, waiting for a response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 pm

"I think you the two of us confused," Gin gave you a strange look before rolling her eyes, "anyway I'm sure he'll be fine without me. I think it'd be smarter if I were closer to you since I am your spotter, and it's kinda important that we stick together."
"I swear if anything happens to her it's your head I'll be after." Jin looked to his sister then back to you before taking off ahead. Tyr looked to you giving you a nod of acknowledgement then headingin the same direction as Jin. You lost sight of Tyr first, then finally Jin disappeared.
"Did you just put me on watch, god I hate being on watch. Nothing ever happens on watch." Logan began to complain.
"Is that insubordination I hear?" Hamel said drawing his pistol absent-mindedly, which caused Logan to instantly cease his complaining.
"If their are enemies approaching, Lady will find them. What do you wish of them if they do?" Sheila said flatly, her rifle drawn and at the ready.
"Sir, if you wouldn't mind, I'll start taking down the men." Alister spoke up, approaching one of the bodies.
"Hold up, could be booby-trapped," Vill quickly stopped Alister before examining the body, "yep just as I suspected, they're rigged to blow. Typical bandit behaviour, they really love their explosives." She swiftly disarmed the device before you even had a chance to think about it.
"Please allow me to preform the proper rites for them. It is the least we can do for them." Grace stepped forward as Alister placed the two men on the ground. She placed her hands on their heads as she traced the symbol of the cleric across their brows.
"Da vita spiritus eorum, ad sequentem." She then threw a cloth over both of them.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:45 am

Krysis kept his eyes on his team's actions and the surrounding area as he replied, "As to your question, Sheila, if you spot something, make sure you identify that it isn't Tyr or Jin, then take it out. Do communicate what you're doing through the mic though, to keep us informed so we can be ready in case what you kill is part of a larger force." Once the men were down and Grace had performed last rights, he commented, "Alister, Vill, thanks for that, and good job spotting those traps Jalintine. Grace, I know it goes without saying, but just to be clear, I can't always promise that we'll be able to give the fallen a ceremony, even a small one like that, but as long as there's a place to make time you'll have it. Hopefully it'll give them some peace." In a more formal voice he said, "Alright, time to dig in and wait for our scouts to get back."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:46 pm

"I do too. Especially souls that tormented. I thank you for allowing it. Most don't like the ways of the Inquisition. Some would even see it as a waste of time. I know it can't be done all the time, but it makes me feel better that it is done." Grace gives you a small smile. You suddenly notice the absence of Gin by your side, as you look around for her you notice her with a holographic PDA out, she is drawing images on it and making strange hand signs you don't recognize. She quickly looks up at you as she finishes.
"We might not need to wait for them to return." She held up the holographic image she'd been drawing on. It was a map of the area, zoomed in on Tolkia Village. There were 7 huts in total, 6 were in parallel with each other marked H-1 to H-6, in the centre was a much larger hut marked H-7. There were various marking on and around the area. She quickly explained.
"Ok, so as you can see we have a layout of about six huts, with a central hut in the middle. She indicated each hut individually. "H-7 appears to be the leader has taken up residence, and most likely where we'll find any information the scientists left behind. There seem to be traps set vertically between the smaller huts. huts H-2 and H-5 appear to be barracks. There are patrols around huts H-1 to H-3, in the jungle outside huts H-4 to H-6, and one stalking around between huts H-3 and H-6 infront of H-7. The patrols consist of one bandit and a prowler. Prowlers are much like dogs but with a giant mouth for a face. They can smell sound, and emit high pitch barks. They also emit high pitch noises when they die unless you can slash aircord that emits the sound, do it wrong and we're fucked. The bandits seem to have coms between each other so we need to be careful. They've also got cages with prowlers between huts H-1 and H-4 behind hut H-7. There appears to be an excellent vantage point to the East side of the complex which we could use, though we'd have to be careful of the patrol around there. That's all Jin was able to pick up. There might be more in there. What do you wana do?" She looked up at you expectantly.

Last edited by Last Chaos Lord on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:29 am

Krysis started slow, intent on taking this one step at a time as he called over everyone else so they could see the map and then asked, "Sheila, if we managed to get you onto that vantage point at the east side of the complex, how confident are you in your capability to put a bullet through the wind-pipe of a prowler from that distance?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 am

"I can really say I've ever encountered a prowler before" Sheila looked at you doubtfully.
"I wouldn't recommend it. You can't just put a hole in the aircord, it must be severed completely to avoid any noise being emitted, otherwise it emits an almost defining sound that disorient most beings." Gin mentioned looking at you.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:31 am

Krysis nodded and said, "Glad you're up front about what you may or may not be able to do Sheila. At least I know you'll be honest about such things in the future." He looked around for a moment and then said, "Vill, Tyr, Rayne, what about moving you in stealthily against the prowlers, to get you up close, while Jin, Sheila and I take up sniping positions with Gin as spotter to aid our shots and possible backup if something goes wrong with one of us. Logan, Alister, Hamel, you hold back at the edge of the base and if it goes on alert you move in fast. Grace, you stay with them, but you stay behind. I want you well in case we need you to aid someone." He took a breath and said, "Now, before we go into any more detail, does anyone want to voice any concerns about your roles here or the ideas I just laid out? I know it's not normal to question chain-of-command, but I want to know what you think in case it helps."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:27 am

Vill gave you a strange look.
"Tyr's not back yet."
"He's still with Jin, they're still keeping a low profile. Did you want me to relay your orders or did you want to make a change." Gin looked up at you slightly anxious.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 am

[lol Sorry about that] Krysis glanced over and said, "Just relay the orders and ask them if they have any additional input."

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:49 am

[careful you'll start getting penalised soon]

Gin nodded at you, she then began making the strange hand signs in front of her face like before.
"Seems Tyr's already way ahead of you. he's currently shadowing the patrol around the jungle near the vantage point. Jin's already there, though he doesn't have any long range weaponry so he's gonna keep watch there for now. I'm ready to move out when you are."
"Lady and I are ready as well." Sheila said approached clutching Lady in her arms.
"Come on are you serious, stuck on watch duty with these two hard asses." Logan had begun to moan again.
"Don't worry sir, me and Hamel will keep him in line." Alister gave you a salute before turning to Logan, you weren't sure, but you could've sworn you saw a deck of cards in his hand. Grace simply nodded, giving you a slight smile.
"I'm ready and so's Rayne, we're just awaiting your word. Where do you want us to hit first?" Vill stood next to Rayne, both checking their weapons before looking at you expectantly.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:34 am

Krysis nodded and said, "Alright, Vill, you seemed to neutralize those traps pretty swiftly. Let's have you see if you, Tyr and Rayne can't disarm and re-purpose the traps near H-5, then H-2, so that if the alarm gets raised they won't get a chance to unleash those in the barracks without severe casualties. Any patrols you find, focus on cutting the prowler's air cord, while the sniper team focuses on taking out the guard near it at precisely the same time to keep them from raising alarms, hopefully. If there are no alarms, stealth team moves in to the other small huts and kills the inhabitants off quickly and quietly. Then we move on the main hut. If anything goes wrong, assault team moves in fast, trying to keep stealth team from getting too exposed. While the enemy is drawn to assault team, and sniper team helps cover, stealth team still tries to down who they can without giving their position away." He then looked around at the others and asked, "Does that work for everyone?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 am

There were nods all around as Vill and Rayne moved on ahead. You followed on shortly after with Gin and Sheila, leaving Alister, Logan, Hamel, and Grace behind. you lose sight of stealth team as you split off and head towards the vantage point. You keep careful not to run into the patrol.
"Ha hah, yeh it was alot of fun messing up those scientists. More fun than this stupid patrol anyway. Nothing even happening. Hold on, I think I see something." You hear the bandit before you see him. you try to make yourself as low as possible, but it seems he's coming your way. He's just about on top of you, you can see the prowler sniffing the air infront of you when suddenly, both are missing their heads, Tyr standing between the two. The prowler goes down fast, you hear the sound like a slowly deflating balloon coming from it's neck. The bandit goes down with a thud.
"Hey what the hell was that, what did you see?" You hear the comlink going off. Damn you've been comprimised. You see Tyr quickly pick it up, after a pause you here the exact same voice as the deceased bandit come from his mask.
"Yeh nah, it was nothing. I'm so bored I'm starting to see things. Still up for cards later."
"Yeh ofcourse, just remember guard change is in 30."
"Bot bloody time." Tyr quickly hangs up the comlink and tosses it to you before nodding.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:44 am

Krysis was completely caught off guard with Tyr's mimicry and had to fight to get himself back into focus, even as he nodded back in thanks. He whispered into his mic, "Alright, plan A is still in effect. Let's hope we can move into position without further complications." before continuing to move toward an elevated sniping point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Tyr disappeared before you got a second look at him. You assumed he was following the plan. Finally making it to the vantage point, you meet up Jin, who begins signing at Gin before speaking.
"This place is pretty secure, I'm going to head down and provide additional recon." He then signed towards Gin again, who signed back, then he was gone. You notice Gin laying down and setting up her sniper, the bipod snapping out into place. You quickly set up your own sniper, you feel a slight tingle to the touch as it springs to life, adjusting itself to fit your needs. You notice Sheila, lacking a bipod of any kind, improvising by resting her rifle against a group of rocks. You take look through your scope and noticed it adjust it's zoom at will, completely cutting through the trees like they weren't even there. Purveying the surrounding area you notice several things. You can only see the patrol around H-1 to H-3 while they walk across the spaces between the huts, Rayne appears to be shadowing this group. You can only see the patrol infront of H-7 every now and then while it walks between H-3 and H-6, Vill is shadowing this group. Tyr is nowhere to be found, neither is Jin.
"Jin has eye's on that patrol in front of H-7, so should be able to make the shot, even it he is behind H-6. The target patrol on far-side is roughly 12 hundred metres. estimated travel time for our rounds compared to your's is a delay of point 5 of a second." Gin said, giving you the feedback you needed and filling her role as spotter and secondary sniper nicely.
"Lady has her sights on the far side barracks, ready for action." Sheila spoke with a striking confidence in her voice, a determined look on her face.
"We have everyone in place. Waiting for your mark." Gin said, awaiting for your orders.
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:31 am

Krysis took a breath and said, "Alright, Vill moves in and Sheila covers her. Rayne moves in and I'll cover her. Gin keeps eyes out in case we need assault team to move in. Jin keeps an eye out for Tyr, though I have a feeling he'll be okay. Vill, don't forget to disarm and re-purpose those explosives carefully over quickly, and we act in 3... 2... 1... Stealth team, move in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Chaos Lord Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 pm

"Well if your certain sir." Gin gave you an incredulous look before sighting through her scope again. There was a very limited window of opportunity as both patrol were in sight. Shit your's just went out of sight. You heard Sheila fire her shot taking out the bandit on the far side as he walking between H-2 and H-3, Rayne quickly sliding underneath the prowler and slashing it's throat with a large knife. you heard the com Tyr had thrown you go off.
"Brun, what the hell. What was that noise? Brun? Brun!? Fuck. Damen I think something got to Brun. Damen? Oh fuck this I'm setting off the alarm." There was a sudden grunt then the com went dead. Next thing you heard a high pitch noise coming from behind H-6. Then your comlink came to life, it was Vill.
"Fuck. I've been compromised. shit fucking, damn prowler took a bite out of me before I got a chance to kill it. Ah. Arms fucked, and it sounds like this place is going on high alert." She sounded badly wounded, her voice coming out in ragged breaths. Next thing you know H-7's doors and windows board up with heavy metal barricades locking it down.
"Fucking dammit," Gin shot you a pissed off look, "Jin get eyes on Vill now, I'll try and support her from here." Bandits began swarming out of H-2 and H-5, the traps seemingly deactivated. Well this could definitely be going better.
"Well sir, Jin has eyes on Vill now, she's pretty much out of commission but I can cover her from here. Anyway you wanna try and recover this situation or do you wanna leave it to me. Either way you need to make a decision quickly."
Last Chaos Lord
Last Chaos Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 am

Krysis' eyes narrowed with frustration at the sight of things going so wrong as he ordered, "Assault team moves in now, any stealth not spotted keeps a low profile and kills who they can. Snipers, keep on the pressure and someone on assault, get Vill secured if they can." His blood felt cold and while a part of him knew things were going wrong, he relished each squeeze of his trigger if it meant killing these things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum